Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm in Love and don't care who knows it

                              Yep, i sure am getting better at posting regularly aren't i?
and so it continues..
  After Paul and i had exchanged our "i love you's" we had to be seperated for a week. My family and i left on a cruise the following afternoon. The next morning i woke up, and was literally on cloud nine. I remember running up the stairs to my family all still asleep, throwing my arms out wide and shouting
       "i'm in love, i'm in love and i don't
care who knows it."
  While i was gone i cost my parents a whole bunch of extra charges that week, constantly running to the internet lounge to see if i had received an e-mail from Paul. The first e-mail i got from him, was almost two days after i had been gone, and i was all worried. He apologized for not writing me sooner, he has been deathly ill. He got food poisoning from the Sushi and threw up a total amount of 15 times in a twenty four hour period. (hence the reason, to this day he will NOT eat any sort of sushi)
 
August 2009
We took a trip to Colorado so Paul could meet my moms side of the family.
Paul's best friend BJ came along with us.
  
It was on this trip that Bj gave us three a name
    He called us the tricycle
                                                                
The Fairchild Family
 
 The Tricycle
 


Fast forward to October 2009...
   Things between Paul and I had been going really well. We enjoyed being with each other and were just madly in love! Once again, I started to feel nervous about how i've had my heart broken so many times before. So I decided that I would pray about Paul and I. It was a weekend night and we had just returned from playing games at his brother Ben's house. I remember getting home and going right down to my bedroom. I got down on my knees next to my bed and began my prayer. I remember saying, "I want things to work out with Paul, I feel in my heart that he is who I am meant to be with for eternity. He is who I WANT to be with. But I am afraid, to get hurt. I need you to help me to know if I will get hurt. I don't want to continue things with Paul if it'll end badly." I paused for a moment and thought about Paul, I then said, "I can see myself being happy with him for the rest of my life, and he is who I want to start a family with. I know that Paul will be the most amazing Father to our children." at that moment I received an answer to a prayer unlike anything I had ever experienced. It is almost as if I felt our children's presence around me. My eyes filled with tears and I felt such peace. It was almost as if they had come to tell me not to worry, that everything would be okay.
(October 2009, At Brynn and Jordan's Wedding)
   I was reluctant to tell Paul about my answer, especially because we hadn't been dating to long. So I decided to wait for a few months to see if he brought anything up. Paul started to get really busy with dental school applications. He was constantly out of town doing interviews. He was preparing to graduate from the University of Utah. So the timing of bringing up marriage wasn't exactly ideal in my mind.
                                                         December 1,2009
Paul was accepted to multiple schools for Dental School. He was so excited and I was soo proud of him. He had worked so hard to reach that goal of his to become a dentist. I, being the awesome girl that I am, tried to make that day very special for him by celebrating. I left Balloons on his door, took him out to dinner and then went out to dinner.
next post: Christmas 2009

1 comments :

  1. HAHA I'll never forget that coming from the giant blanket walking up the stairs "Family! I have a boyfriend and I told him I love him!" hahahaha love you whit.

    ReplyDelete