Sunday, May 1, 2011

To my Future Hubby

This was a letter I wrote to Paul before I left to Africa..

 

Paul: My Future Hubby,
   You didn’t think I’d leave this continent without making sure you still felt love from me! I wanted to make sure that while I was gone you still got a few things from me, to let you know that I am thinking of you! And as always, missing you like crazy!! Every moment in our lives have prepared us for our big day in July! We are about ready to start our own family and be sealed for eternity! And I’ll tell you what, I cannot even wait!! As for you, eternity is a long time, and with being Mr. Logical thinker I know there are things you worry about! But here is what you need to know, I may get frustrated sometimes, but hold me and I'll be ok. I will probably burn a lot of dinners, and make the house cluttered at times. But I promise to do my best. The important thing is that I'll love you for all eternity.

I know marriage is about compromise, which I'm sure you know by now that I'm not too good at. Although, I do promise you the following:

I promise to kiss you good morning, good evening, and goodnight... And every hour in between :)
I promise to be fun flirty Whitney, even when there is lots of laundry to do.
I promise to make pancakes every Weekend and watch cartoons with you... As long as you do the dishes ;)
I promise to love you unconditionally for all eternity.
I promise to always laugh at your jokes

I promise to dance with you in our kitchen while you hum some made up tune.
I promise to always think that your lyrics to songs are better than the originals
I promise to strengthen my testimony and be more Christ like every day
I promise to remain worthy to enter the Temple, at all times.

I promise to listen to all of your mission stories
I promise to teach the kids about alcohol and drugs, if you teach them about the birds and bees :)
I promise to laugh when we are poor, and give when we are rich.

I promise to make the best out of every situation. (Even if we are stranded in the mountains, without gas, with a ten ton snowmobile that won’t start and is stuck in the snow ;))
I promise to stand by your side even if you're wrong.
I promise to always have fun, and hold lots of game nights at our house!
I promise to serve others, and make it a goal together to help other people throughout our lives.
I promise to lay in bed with you and night and have good talks, and hear all about your day.
I promise to always give you good cuddles and lay in “wicky’s spot each night”.
I promise to make sure you always wear your seat belt, so you can come home to me each day.
I promise to tell you everything!
I promise to always let you squeeze my Eskimo cheeks
I promise to let you win at ticket to ride every once in a while.
I promise to go to the gym with you four times a week. Because I know that it is something you enjoy. As long as you do things with me that I love to do.
I promise to always get down on my knees and pray with you every morning and night.

I promise to support your education and work that you choose.
(even if it is a garbage man! :)
I promise to push you to reach your full potential.
I promise to set goals together, and REACH THEM!
I promise to watch sports with you.
Only if you watch Chick flicks with me on occasion.
I promise to strive to be the best wife.

I promise to council with you in all we do.

I promise to let you name one of the kids.... Maybe?
;)
I promise to make you laugh

I promise to go on a "married people date" once a week.

I promise to help you study for school.
I promise to stay by your side when you loose a loved one.
I promise to give you your “15 minute back scratches” often.
 I promise to raise our children in the church.
I promise to go to church every Sunday and keep Christ in our marriage and family.
I'll support you in all your callings... But know that if you get called into the bishopric I may get a little nervous. But I won't show it.

And if we get really poor, please know that I'll sell some of my clothes to pay rent.
I promise to laugh and say how yummy the ramen noodles are when we have to eat them every night.

I'm sure you know by now that there are some things you'll need to learn to love and live with as well...


My old lady laugh.

The fact that I can't bake or cook for the life of me, but I'll truly try.. So you'll be OK :)
You'll need to laugh at me constantly, even if I'm not funny.. But I always am.
You’ll need to put up with me when I have the urge to be obnoxious.
You'll need to hold me when I'm sad.
Even when i'm mad. Because that is what I really want, even if I don't admit it.
You'll need to love my crazy family because I love them so much.
You'll need to support me, and push me to my full potential.

You'll have to learn that my favorites will never always be the same.
Please support my church callings.

Please tell me I'm beautiful when my hair is a mess, I'm in sweats and covered in baby spit up.

Please love me when I'm pregnant and fat.

You'll need to learn my sarcasm and that I'm full of sass
You're going to have to love traveling.
Love my goofy faces.
Love my testimony.
Learn to accept me for who I am

Accept the ugly upper lip when i cry.
Love my pony-fro
Please make fun of me at times when I’m being moody. And hold me in your arms and it will fix my moodiness a lot quicker, I promise.
Please kiss me EVERYTIME you walk out the front door!
Please be good examples for our kids. Play with them often. Pray with them often. Read the scriptures to them.
Please learn to change diapers so I won't have to do it all the time :)
Babe... you're going to have to learn to clean up throw up because if I attempt it, I'll throw up too.
Please learn to work hard and still play :)

Times may get hard, we may be poor. But I promise to stay by you when we have to live in a rundown apartment and sleep on the floor :)

I know that you are my prince and will be my companion.
I know that you are and will be perfect for me, I'm excited to live my life with you. Laugh with you, raise our kids, love you forever and kneel at the altar to seal our love for time and all eternity. I know everything will all work out in the end.

I know times will get hard, we may want to give up or back out... but i know with all my heart that we can get through it. We just have to keep Christ in our marriage. It's you and me baby! We can do this! And we will even do it with a smile :)


Babe, I'm sorry that you've had to go on a roller coaster ride to get to this point, From chasing me for sometime and even our  heartbreak in October. But I know we are perfect for each other. And knowing that, I'm more than happy to go through a broken heart for sometime because in the end….I get you. I love you with all my heart!

Love you Forever and Always,
your future wife, Whitney

0 comments :

Post a Comment