Friday, April 12, 2013

Honey, te amo!

I have officially decided that I am going to teach myself to speak Portuguese. Paul served a mission in Brazil and speaks it fluently. It is very important to me that our children learn to speak this beautiful language. So, because of this I want to learn how to speak it as we'll so we can all communicate using both Portuguese and English. I also knew that I would be out of the loop and it would be hard not knowing what the kids and dad we're always saying. And after tonight, I have even more of a motivation to learn!
I have taught myself some basic phrases that allow me to communicate to Paul when he comes home at the end of the day. I called my mom to brag about how we'll I have been doing with my first week of lessons. With ending our conversation she said "goodbye, I love you!" I was pretty confident with knowing how to say goodbye and I Love you because Paul has said those two phrases to me before. So I said "Tchau, acalma-te", my husband starts laughing in the other room. He asked me why I was saying that to my mom. I told him, I was just saying, goodbye I Love you. He said, "Whitney, you said goodbye, calm down". All this time I thought when he would say acalma-te, that he was telling me he loved me. Little did I know he was just telling me to calm down. We all got a good kick out of this one. So 100% now after this little situation, I will be speaking Portuguese before we have little Curtis' running around saying "mommy, acalma-te!"

1 comments :

  1. wow! good luck i'm sure you'll be fluent in no time at all! I'm glad you have a blog! we can be blogging buddies!

    Miss our King Henry sleepover days! ("whose the king henry MLA" haha remember that?!)

    miss you!

    xo kyndal

    ReplyDelete